- Basic facts about yeast infections
- Yeast infection symptoms
- Common causes
- When to see a doctor
- How a pharmacist can help
Once your yeast infection has cleared up, the last thing you want is a repeat visit! Here are some suggestions to reduce risks.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Exercise regularly, eat healthily, and reduce your stress levels to keep your immune system, your best defence, strong.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothes and synthetic undergarments. Choose loose, natural fibres that breathe.
- Get out of wet bathing suits and workout clothes as soon as possible.
- Dry the vaginal area thoroughly after showering or taking baths.
- Avoid hot baths, long bubble baths, perfumed soaps, vaginal deodorants, and douches, as they can disturb the pH in the vagina.
- Some antibiotics cause an overgrowth of yeast, so consult with your doctor about using a yeast infection treatment while taking these medicines.
- Cut back on high-sugar food